University Relations was once again called on to develop a comprehensive communications and design strategy around the 2014 effort to find UF’s 12th president. With plenty of positive developments in the past year, this presidential search effort was backed by momentum, energy and a drive to create a Top-10 effort that would make the right kind of impression on candidates and peer institutions.
The package itself is comprised of an elaborate case-bound folio kit that includes a letter from the search chair, official Search Brochure and Position Profile documents, as well as other collateral about UF and Gainesville. Wrapped in a blue satin ribbon and held with an silver/blue embossed state seal, there is no mistaking the seriousness of the effort nor UF’s commitment to finding a unique leader.
With the 2012 search effort fresh in everyone’s minds, it was imperative that UREL communicate the changes since, and position the opportunity as resoundingly unique.
Jane Adams, VP University Relations
Janine Sikes, Assistant Vice President, Media Relations & Public Affairs
Dan Williams, Assistant Vice President, Marketing
Jim Harrison, Creative Director, University Relations
Elecia Crumpton, Art Director, University Relations
Paul Bernard, Copywriter, University Relations
Chris Moran, Director of Communications, University Relations
Steve Orlando, Senior Director, UF News Bureau
- Sourced bookbinding/presentation folder vendor in Iowa to custom-build the folios to our specifications, including printed Gator-blue liner sheets.
- Specified the main search brochure with a special “seam-free”, squarebound, lay flat binding.
- Embossed foil stickers sourced separately.
- Content creation required a full-court press on all aspects of the copywriting and editing process, across all areas of University Relations and beyond.
- Aspects of the new branding campaign were subtly worked into the layout & design.